Market Improvments

Well I attempted yet another market.

This time with much the same minuscule financial gain, and the overwhelming networking gain, meeting the other fellow marketeers and coastal shoppers.

This time I was more prepared, creating more of a shop front image, with a stand, created out of an old cot’s sides ; )

I also revamped the swollen particle board trestle table, stapling some beautiful fabric to it!

And added to my collection ornaments made from white plaster!

I think the Lego man is going to be a hit!

I’m definitely improving and becoming more market confident.

I hope to become one of those local crafty markets stall holders which  people come to see “What has she been up to this month?” ; )

Puka leaf bowls

 

I saw this on a YouTube video where these concrete leaves were being used to create amazing water features. Mine will be destined for a fairy garden I hope to create at the bottom of our garden! It’s on my To Do List ; )

I used native Puka leaves as they have quite prominent veins, which will show in the casting. I laid the leaves over heaped piles of sand, and sprayed them with oil.

Puka Leaf Bowls
Puka leave laid out over sand piles

 

 

I made up the concrete using sand as my aggregate, Portland cement and enough water to form a ball, the desired consistency. I patted the concrete to form the casting, over the leaves, using gloved hands.

I let them sit over night to harden.

Conctete leaves

Concrete leaves

I tried this method using a latex rope mould, and created a very unique bowl!

 

 

Concrete rope bowlConcrete rope bowl

Hypertufa attempt

Well I’ve been dabbling in concrete for a while now, and I a feel like a change, so I thought I’d give the Hypertufa a go.

From the You Tube clips I’ve seen, it appears to be a much simpler way to make pots, as you don’t need the second container to displace the concrete. Instead you can get the substrate to a consistency, where you can form a ball, it is much more malleable. The pot and can be pressed into a mould and holes it’s shape until set.

The drainage hole can easily be formed using a finger!

I used a 1:2 ratio of Portland Cement to Peat, and kept adding water until I reached the desired consistency.

nov30 110

nov30 111

nov30 112
Molds cast with Hypertufa

The issue I had, was that my Peat had Blood and Bone added, which gave it the browner colour. I suppose it will be better for the plants, but I’m not sure how the pots will hold up!